Thursday 17 January 2013

11 x 2 = I´m tagging... YOU!

Hey there! I have been tagged in this game both by Meine Torteria and Foods Made With Love and am very pleased to take part. It´s a nice way to get to know other bloggers!


The rules are to write 11 things about myself, answer the 11 questions from the blogger who tagged me, choose 11 other blogs with less than 200 followers, tag them asking 11 other questions (and of course let them know). Tagging back is not allowed.

So let´s´start with the 11 things about me:
  • I am Italian, even though no one can tell. 
  • I like animals in fact I practically have a zoo: 2 cats, 1 dog, and 1 horse. If you don´t have a pet you are missing out on something incredible.
  • I am a registered journalist and study law & economics which has nothing to do with baking, but I developed this passion of mine too late so even though I´d rather be a baker/patissier I will end first what I have started.
  • If I fail as a baker I´d rather work for an NGO such as WWF than for a big multinational company, but nowadays you cannot be too "choosy" (Italians know what I mean).
  • I am not a party person, I go to the club maybe twice a year, but I love the Italian culture of aperitivo.
  • People tell me I am really creative and crafty and I would have always liked to express my creativity in a much more concrete way (i.e. arts academy, design school, etc.) but was never allowed to. Still I am not angry at my parents.
  • I am such a loser! I am scared of situations I don´t know and have always been since childhood (I cried the hell out of me when my mom taught me how to swim, skate, ski, go on a bike) even though I can do most things and quite successfully. I guess I have to learn to believe in myself.
  • Riding was the only thing I never ever cried for.
  • Often I don´t understand this world and the people living on it. 
  • I have 2 brothers and for this reason my mom says I have an advantage because I know men ;)
  • I used to collect sugar bags and when I decided to ditch them I fell in love!

Now since I have been tagged twice I have 22 questions to answer.
Those from Meine Torteria:
  1. High heels or ballerinas? Ballerinas.
  2. Do you have an ultimate cook book suggestion? I have a non-suggestion: don´t buy Jamie Oliver cook books! He is so overrated!
  3. Which animal would you like to be? A free dolphin, not a trained one.
  4. Tea or coffee? Teaaaaaaaa!!!
  5. What would your dream kitchen look like? Tuscan floor with terracotta tiles, wooden beams with hanging elements, modern appliances from Kitchen Aid and Smeg, and a big marbled surface to work on. 
  6. Where was the best holiday you had? Kenya!!!!! This place is my home! 
  7. When you were 15 what was your dream job? Dolphin observer.
  8. Who is your role model? Thinkers!
  9. Which is your new year´s resolution for 2013? Finish university.
  10. Which is your favourite colour? Green.
  11. If it has to be fast food than where/which one? BioBurgerMeister

Those from Foods Made With Love:
  1. Which is your favourite recipe? Mascarpone and lemon curd cupcakes and tiramisu which I still haven´t posted. 
  2. Which is your favourite dish? Italian focaccia alle olive. 
  3. Which is your favourite cook book? Maxine Clark´s Italian Kitchen.
  4. How did you start blogging? I started blogging after I started selling my sweets. I thought it was a good way to do some advertising, but it actually turned out to be something different.
  5. Which is the next thing you want to buy? Rubber car mats for my Yeti, since my dog makes a mess.
  6. Which is your dream job? Pastry chef!
  7. Where do you buy your cooking/baking tools? I don´t have a specific shop. Anytime I see something nice or useful I buy it, but I really like this online shop.
  8. Do you have a recipe on your blog which is good for children? Chocolate Brownies!
  9. Where can one find you under www? mmmm... www.homesweetbakery.blogspot.com, on Facebookwww.savemywallet.blogspot.co.at (it´s a new project of mine), on this link which is just the one of the many articles I wrote for a magazine I work with, than you can find me on my old school´s web page, and soon on Linkedin. 
  10. The best web-present was? Never got one actually.
  11. Which is your favourite season? Spring or maybe summer, no fall, winter, no no no actually spring, perhaps summer or fall, wait it´s winter, ...

Who am I tagging?

My questions for you:
  1. One word to describe you would be...
  2. The thing that is always missing when you need it is...
  3. What is in your fridge?
  4. Your biggest dream is...
  5. Your dream destination is...
  6. Hot or cold?
  7. Are you a fan of old movies?
  8. The one thing you could eat every day is...
  9. Sweet or sour?
  10. One book you recommend is...
  11. Which music do you listen to when you cook?
Have fun,
Martina

4 comments:

  1. Schön, dass Du mitgemacht hast. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi, i'm glad that you like my blog. you can translate page. regards, Magda
    http://mycatcooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading! I appreciate your comments, enquiries, and suggestions :)

Tiny Hand With Heart